Friday, August 24, 2007

On your marks, Get Set........................

The fun times are over..the relaxation is complete..the race is about to begin!!
My long awaited break - after quitting Infy and before joining MBS - is getting over today. Tonight I fly out to Manchester embarking on a absolutely unaware/unknown platform.
The past 2 months have been pretty hectic. After I got back from Bangalore, time in kerala just flew away. Everyday there was something or the other to do. 2 major event took place during this time - my cousin Asha's engagement/wedding and Anila's grandmom's demise. Due to the latter, my in-laws had also come over to kerala. Amidst all this, my sis was enrolled into P.C. Thomas vacation gulf classes in Trichur. So my time in kerala was spent between travelling from mavelikara to chengannur to trivandrum to Trichur. The good thing with so much of journey was that I started driving on a more regular basis in kerala and i can confidently say that i am expert enough to drive in kerala now though there may be huge lorries and reckless state transport buses coming from the opposite direction!
Anyway we - me & Anila - boarded Gulf Air to come to Kuwait on 19th August morning. After reaching kuwait, it was bliss. No tensions, no power cuts, no disturbances, no sweating and 24 x7 internet access and unlimited supply of delicious yummy food - courtesy mum-in-law!!
Tomo early morning 3:45 is my flight to Dubai and from there connecting flight at 7:55 to Manchester. FOr the first one week, i have arranged for temporary accomodation in Hulme Hall, near the university. Anyway hope all goes well. Keeping fingers crossed. New place, new life style..student yet cant be irresponsible;)lol
Anyway will give further updates later!!
Cheers

No comments: